Monday, July 6, 2015

Dash for Donation

This Saturday morning, my wife Amy will participate in the Dash for Donation 5k run in Columbus, Ohio.  Amy has participated in runs, walks, marathons, etc... over the years, but this one is of particular interest to us as it is meant to draw attention to organ donation. She and I will be driving to Columbus on Friday.  We would love to have others come and support her and this cause, so if you're in the area, let us know.  I believe they are still taking registrations if you would like to run with Amy.

As I continue to wait for a donor heart to become available for me, please keep in mind that many, many others are still waiting for hearts, kidney's livers, lungs and more.  If you haven't signed up to be an organ donor, please do and know that your decision might very well save the lives of several people.  It's a wonderful way to leave a legacy in a very tangible way.

Unfortunately, most of m my older blog posts seem to have disappeared into thin air, so if you have any questions about me or my situation, please feel free to leave questions or comments.  I will be happy to respond along the way.  I will also try to fill in some of the gaps along the way.

I recently began a fundraising campaign through a non-profit organization called HelpHOPELive. This has allowed me to solicit donations to help offset the current and future costs that will come with my pre-transplant preparation and care, my transplant itself and then post-transplant care.  Although we have health insurance that will cover a majority of the enormous expense, there will still be much that will come out of pocket including copays, prescriptions, travel, lodging, food.  If you are able to contribute, I would appreciate any help given as well as any prayers you can offer for me, my wife, our family and, of course, also for the family of my future donor.

I have tried to maintain regular updates on my campaign page, so that may help fill in some information on my situation as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment