Monday, July 6, 2015

February Heart Health Month - from 2/6/2015

It's February and that means it's Heart Health month. My wife, Amy has put together a fundraiser for the American Heart Association using Jamberry Nail Wraps. If you are interested in participating, send me a message on Facebook and I'll send you an invite.

The new year is not so new anymore. About a week into January, I completed my cardiac rehab phase II. That left me to decide how to continue. I could go into phase III, but decided to take advantage of the exercise equipment we have at our apartment complex, rather than paying to be supervised while I exercise. The difficulty with this is the having the will power to go and do this when no one is watching. Thus far, I've succeeded in going every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I've put in between an hour and an hour and a half each time. If you follow me on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook, you've seen me post my workout summarys.  Seems tedious, bit it helps me stay accountable for doing it. It's a struggle as I change my mind constantly about how much I will do. The mind is a powerful thing. Use it to do more. I can always talk myself into doing a little more. I set goals and once I reach them, sometimes I can convince myself to do more.

I'm continuing my low sodium diet, although I find myself "cheating" more than I should on that. My LVAD makes it so I am not in as bad of shape if I do cheat a little. Definitely not an excuse, but it's a struggle to keep to it.  The weight I lost after my surgery has crept back up. I guess one drawback to my recovery is that my appetite seems to be much improved. I like to think some of the weight added is muscle and no doubt it is, given the atrophy I experienced being in the hospital for a month. However, I can tell it's not all that.

I again want to thank everyone for the prayers you continue to say on my behalf. Please keep them coming. We never know when the call will come. I pray that I am ready in every possible way when it does come.

No comments:

Post a Comment