Monday, July 6, 2015

Well, I didn't run it down the walls - from 9/22/2014

Many of you know I love a good poop story. If not, now you do. So with that in mind, I will share a very real phobia I had about this surgery and recovery. That is, how in the world am I going to poop after this, let alone clean up? The reality has been that little by little, these phiobias fall. Each time, it costs another bit of my modesty. Repeatedly I was told that nurses love when patients poop no matter the situation, although I feel safe in my belief that they'd rather not clean up a patient's blow out.

 Alas, nature will always take its course and this situation was no different. My LVAD surgery was Sept. 11. By Sept. 21, I still hadn't pooped. As much as folks involved in my recovery tried to keep me calm about that, the reality was that I was missing out on all those days of poop stories I could have been having. One nurse said she didn't care if I ran it down the hallways.  One doctor even joked about giving birth to a poop fetus.  Sunday morning was rolling along on the tracks I  had gotten used to. A few highs a few lows, but progress was being made. Shortly after noon, but before the Browns kicked off downtown (I'm in Cleveland, so that's what I get on TV), I took the Browns to the Super Bowl myself. Success! More modesty lost but overall a net win.

This is about all the adventures I have energy to share at this point, but hopefully, I'll be writing more of my own blogs in the near future. Thanks again for the prayers and please keep them coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment