Monday, July 6, 2015

Pre Christmas visit to Cleveland Clinic - from 12/24/2014



First of all, Merry Christmas to everyone. I knew time was flying, and I was right. How is it possibly here already? 

We have been busy gathering and wrapping presents. We were also able to get our Christmas cards in the mail...in shifts.  Sorry again for the length of our letter, but a lot happened and we had to work in all our baseball references for the "theme." If you usually get one and didn't this year, you either have a new address and we need to update, or we have misplaced your address. Please let us know if you would be added or updated.

In the midst of all our last minute preparations, we had to drive to Cleveland on Moday for a series of appointments on Tuesday before driving back last night. This was a particularly important visit as my appointments included a right heart catheterization. If you've been following along, you may remember that is the test that didn't look too good and got me admitted to the hospital in September, where I stayed for a month. This time, my pressures and other numbers all looked great according to my cardiologist. It was sort of funny as I was being prepped for the procedure, the doctors asked me what I was doing for Christmas. My response was, "that depends on you." Fortunately, because I "passed" my Christmas will be spent with family. 

One other tid bits and good news came from this visit. I have been cleared to shower again. So later today, I will take my first shower since just after Labor Day.  Throughout our walking the Cleveland Clinic, we kept seeing Christmas trees decorated with Cleveland Clinic ornaments. Mean ole Amy wouldn't let me steal one to bring to our Christmas tree. :(  Since my appointments were finished by about 2:00, we decided there was enough time to swing by the Christmas Story house. As you might imagine, it was pretty packed two days before Christmas. 

I am attaching a couple of photos from our visit to the Christmas Story House and surrounding neighborhood. I hope you enjoy. Merry Christmas to all of you and may the year ahead bring many blessings and much joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment